Here’s some of the latest in the coronavirus pandemic:
- The beer industry calls for $5 billion in federal assistance, according to a letter sent to congressional leadership and signed by CEOs from the Beer Institute, Brewers Association, Wine Institute, WineAmerica, Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS), American Craft Spirits Association, American Cider Association, and the American Mead Makers Association.
- California restaurants are now permitted to sell alcohol to-go following ABC suspension of restrictions.
- Meanwhile, in Portland, restaurant owners wrestle with the conundrum of keeping their businesses open versus being “concerned about the possibility of spreading the novel coronavirus inadvertently.”
- Lastly, The County of San Diego is exploring the potential for use of local brewers to support hand sanitizer production. Anyone who is interested, please contact them directly:
- Rich Mccarvell, Chief, Procurement Services
- Phone: 858.505.6566
- Cell: 858.831.8295