West Coaster was founded in 2010 by two native San Diegans, Mike Shess and Ryan Lamb. Since then, we’ve published a monthly magazine dedicated to the local beer scene. A few years ago, we began to fold in coverage of more local beverage industries like coffee, cider, and mead.
We would distribute the magazine to 400+ locations countywide, making it free to readers and retail locations.
That came to a screeching halt on the Ides of March, when Governor Newsom closed the public tasting rooms of California’s breweries and wineries. Bars that don’t serve food were hit even worse. Basically, our revenue sources have all but dried up.
- If you prefer to make a one-time donation, here’s our Venmo account: @westcoastersd
- If you’re reading this and you run a local business, please consider buying a Sponsored Post on our website for $300.
- We attract nearly 30K viewers every month, and your dedicated web post will go out in e-mail form to more than 1,500 real, local people.
- This deal includes a website ad and social media blasts!
- Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for reading!