“Being a graphic designer, and trapped in the house, I got a little creative for this year’s May 4th event,” said Bill DeWitt, California Wild Ales’ co-founder.
The Sorrento Valley barrel-aged beer maker is now taking pre-orders for twelve new, Star Wars-themed beers, with just forty sixteen-ounce cans of each flavor available.
“Since we are living in crazy times, the event is essentially a huge online beer release with curbside pickup and local delivery,” added DeWitt.
Below is the lineup, divided by good and evil:
Rebel Alliance Lineup
- May the Force Be With Yuzu: two-barrel wild ale blend with yuzu and sea salt
- Han SoLoQuat: two-barrel blend showcasing tropical stone fruit flavor of loquat
- Padme Almondala: sea salt plus lightly roasted almonds were added to golden ale
- Chewboocha: higher-ABV golden sour base with carrot, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne pepper kombucha; collab with TapShack OB
- The Mangolorian: two-barrel blend with fresh mango, local honey, and ginger
The Darkside Lineup
- BanAnakin Skywalker: golden sour base with caramelized bananas and toffee
- Tuskin Radler: barrel-aged golden sour plus oroblanco citrus, ruby red grapefruit, and local honey
- Mango Fett: overripe mango added to the 12-month barrel-aged golden ale, before an addition of jalapeño and sea salt
- The Darkside: barrel-aged golden sour plus beet, pomegranate, and hibiscus kombucha from TapShack OB
- ImPEARial Stormtrooper: Julian pears and saigon cinnamon feature in this 7.5% ABV Imperial sour (100 bottles available)
- Emperor Pulpatine: red wine character with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- Darth Citrius: wild ale with Escondido-procured bearss limes, meyer lemons, and satsuma mandarines